The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Information we collect AND USE
- Personal Information You Make Available to Us: We receive and store information you make available on our Website or provide to us in any other way. The kinds of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, IP address, physical address, billing details, phone number, birthday, social network (such as facebook) usernames, location, and photos etc. Your PayPal, Credit Card, or Debit Card details are processed and stored by third party payment processors and not by us. We automatically receive your location when you use the Website. We use various technologies to ascertain your location, such as location services of your device or computer’s operating system or browser and sensor data from your computer or device that may, for instance, provide information on nearby mobile phone towers and or Wi-Fi- access points. This is information that you make available is used for such purposes as allowing you to create a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users and businesses via the Website – improving the content of the Website, personalising the adverts and content you and other users see (including our or third-party adverts or content), and sharing with you updates, promotions and features.
- Children under the age of 13: The Services are not directed to individuals who are less than 13 years old. We do not deliberately collect personal information from children under this age. If you are aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us here so we can do the required checks and remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
- Information Collected Automatically: When you use the Website, we automatically receive and store information on our server logs from your computer browser or mobile or other device platform, including your location, IP address, browser type, operating system information, mobile network carrier, device and application IDs, cookie information, details about your use of the Website and the information you requested/received. This information is treated as non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable legislation or laws. Unless otherwise stated in this policy and on our website, we only uses this information in aggregate or anonymous form – which may be shared with our partners about how our users (aggregated/anonymised) use our Website, so that they may as well understand how their services are utilised.
- Information We get from Third Parties: We may receive and record information from third parties that interact in some way with the Website and our third party service providers during your use of the Website and its features. These third parties include the businesses and entities listed on the Website.
- Investigations. We may have to investigate and disclose information from or about you if we believe, in good faith, that such investigation or disclosure is necessary to prevent abuse, fraud or commission of a crime, and to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us. We may also investigate and disclose such information in order to protect our rights, reputation, property, including that of our users, customers, affiliates, partners or the public. If a user flags something on the Website or complains to us about content hereon, we may share the relevant particulars of the complaint with the content contributor to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond to the flag or complaint.
- Our data request form is available at this link: https://london.directory/privacy-policy/data-request/
- London Directory is a public information portal and you can always see what data is made available on it by yourself. You can always request your data by contacting us on the contact page or ask us to provide it to you via email.
- If you believe that someone has created an unauthorised account depicting you or your likeness, you can request its deletion by contacting us.
- Third party links and accounts: The Website may contain links to third party services who may not be affiliated with us. Except as detailed in this document and on our website, we do not share your personal information with such third parties. We are also not liable or responsible for their privacy practices. We advise that you read their respective privacy policies. We also provide the option to sign up with us using third party social networks such as Google and Facebook. We also provide the option to link your account to your social network accounts. This is done so you can conveniently sign up with and use our Website without having to fill out a registration form. This improves our user experience. As such we may receive information about you from such third party social network services.
Alternatively, you may be able to disable some (but not all) Cookies from within your device or browser settings, however that may affect the usability and functionality of the Website. How you can disable Cookies may vary from device to device and browser to browser, but the process can normally be found in preferences, privacy or security settings. For instance, Apple iOS and Android devices have settings which are aimed at limiting forms of ad-tracking. For flash cookies, you can manage your privacy settings by touching or clicking here. Please note however that these settings may not prevent the display of all adverts.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
|Aimed at making the Website work in the way you expect and to improve usability (user experience). For instance, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.
|Authentication, Security, & Compliance
|Aimed at remembering information about how you prefer the Website to behave and look. For instance, we use a Cookie that tells us whether or not you have allowed us to use your device’s geolocation data.
|Aimed at allowing or preventing notice(s) of information or options that we believe may improve your use of the Website. For instance, we use a Cookie that helps us stop displaying the Sign-Up or Register notification if you have already seen it.
|Intended to help us understand how you use the Website. For example, we use a Cookie that allows us to know how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely, and or as explained in the document, until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy URLs.
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened URLs published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URLs are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Other users, entities and third parties on the Website may be able to identify you, or link you with your account, if you include your personal information in your post(s) and make them available publicly. If you’d like to to reduce the risk of being identified personally, you are able to use Website in a pseudonymous manner which may however have a bearing on your credibility. The same caution applies when you invite or find friends on the Website using their personal information. Your therefore remain responsible for use of their personal information.
Furthermore the messages you transmit and or receive on the Website are private as long as you and your friends send them privately and do not make them public.
Signing up for an account on London Directory creates a public profile, with your name, photo, location and other info that you add yourself, in the interest of transparency to show the author of the content posted on London Directory. If you do not want to create a profile for yourself, please don’t sign up or sign up using a pseudo name.
We follow generally prevalent and accepted industry standards to protect the personal information shared with us, both during transmission and after receipt. Nevertheless, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile or computer devices, and or method of electronic storage of data, is 100% secure. As such, whilst we endeavor to utilise and implement commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we are not able to guarantee its absolute security.
Attn: London Directory Privacy Manager
90 John Bright Street
Birmingham B1 1BN United Kingdom
Please also confirm your request by asking us for a confirmation of receipt via email.
ACCOUNT TERMINATION, DATA RETENTION, AND TRANSFER